If you’re concerned about being pregnant and don’t know what to do next, make an appointment to discuss your options. Answering your questions and giving you the facts is why we’re here. Visit our center for a free pregnancy test and abortion education. All of our services are free and confidential.
Abortion Pill Information
Considering The Abortion Pill?
Are you considering a medical abortion? A medical abortion is one that is brought about by taking medications—usually pills—that will end a pregnancy. The alternative is surgical abortion. The drugs used for a medical abortion are not the same as the morning-after pill.
Before taking the abortion pill, you should understand what it is, how it works, and what it could mean to your health. Read on and make an appointment. Our staff will be happy to discuss with you the different abortion procedures—both medical and surgical – confirm your pregnancy and advise you on your options based on how far along you are in your pregnancy.
When Is Medical Abortion Used?
Before any abortion can be done, you must confirm that you are pregnant and determine how long you have been pregnant. A medical abortion is an option up to 10 weeks after the start of your last menstrual period.1 Make an appointment to receive a free pregnancy test. You may also qualify for a free ultrasound to determine how many weeks you have been pregnant.
Ultrasounds Are Required By Law
In the state of Texas, an ultrasound is required by law before getting an abortion—whether it is a medical or surgical abortion. We can explain to you the requirements of the law and what it means to you if you are planning to visit an abortion clinic in Houston.
Your Questions Answered
Our staff will answer the following questions as they relate to your situation:
- Is my pregnancy at a stage when I would still be able to seek a medical abortion?
- How long does it take for a medical abortion to work?
- What can I expect to happen physically after I take the medication to start a medical abortion?
- What are the most common side effects of a medical abortion? Are there any serious complications that I should be aware of?
- What is the success rate for medical abortions?
- Winikoff, Beverly, MD, MPH; Dzuba, Ilana G., MHS; Chong, Erica, MPH; Goldberg, Alisa B., MD, MPH; Lichtenberg, E. Steve, MD, MPH; Ball, Carol, MD; Dean, Gillian, MD, MPH; Sacks, Daniel, MD; Crowden, William A., BA; Swica, Yael, MD, MPH Extending Outpatient Medical Abortion Services Through 70 Days of Gestational Age, Obstetrics & Gynecology: November 2012 – Volume 120 – Issue 5 – p 1070-1076 doi:http://10.1097/AOG.0b013e31826c315f
Not ready to make an appointment? Do you still have questions and want to be contacted?